Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2014

Musik Monday - Steh Auf

Life's been busy, things have been tough.  But, I've decided to commit to at least one post a week.  Musik Monday posts are my favorites, partly because they get the message across even without a lot of writing on my part.  They also are a way to share music I love with people who may not find it otherwise.

Since I've been in a bit of a stress-filled rut lately, I decided on an empowering song that helps me feel stronger and able to get through the tough times.  I first heard the song in 2005 or 2006 at German Camp even though I had some very different songs from Die Toten Hosen on my iPod before that.  Part of language immersion and instruction was learning through song and this is one of the songs the counselors taught us in our morning music session:



I love music for the music, but I also appreciate lyrics a lot.  That's why it's great that the group also recorded the song in English so that a wider audience can enjoy it:



I prefer the German version because I don't actually know the lyrics in English, haha.  I'm a person who needs to sing along with songs.  Hearing the British-esque accent preference is definitely interesting though.
The next couple of weeks have the potential to be very rough, and I know this song has helped me keep things in perspective and stand strong when life tried pushing me down in the past.  Hopefully someone else who needs that encouragement will find it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment