Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Musik Monday - Wise Guys, Jetzt ist Sommer

I've prescribed myself bedrest today after falling sick yesterday afternoon.  The fever/chills are gone, but the sore throat is still here, so I'm not as chipper as I could be.  I do, however, have a short break from my Princess duties and can hopefully get a little rest in.

Today, I decided to post a song for Musik Monday that always lifts my spirits a bit: Jetzt ist Sommer by The Wise Guys





It's probably one of my favorite songs of all time.  I first came across it when my mom decided to have her German class sing it at the "International Caberet" the language department at my college used to throw before I went there.  As the child of a professor, I got to ham it up on stage too, and the class sang this song with the karaoke version on the CD...and did some "dancing", while wearing sunglasses of course.

The song is glorifying summer as a wonderful time of year (because it is) and basically promotes the mentality that even when everything seems horrible or cold or bad in whatever way, it can at least be summer in your head.  That's just the kind of pick-me-up I needed today.  Maybe I'll celebrate the real summer outside by switching up my soup and gingerale diet with some ice cream :^)

Enjoy the beautiful weather whether it's outside your window or in your head!

No comments:

Post a Comment