Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Best egg tree ever

I was looking up some info on Easter egg trees and I came across one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life here:  http://whatthecool.com/post/3485347978/easter-egg-tree-in-germany/

It's an article about an actual tree that a family in Germany decorates at Easter time with almost 10,000 handpainted eggs!  We've always had an Easter egg "tree" at home, but it's some pussy willow branches with out handpainted eggs on them.  My mom's are always the best, but my art skills have definitely improved from the ones I did at age 5.  I need to figure out what to paint this year.  It's like a Christmas ornament, but for Easter, and more personal because it's handmade by us.  I'm excited with the anticipation!

Here's some of the pictures from the giant, insanely impressive German Easter egg tree:

German Easter Egg Tree


German Easter Egg Tree




Handpainted German Easter Eggs


All of that makes our Easter egg tree and the painted eggs on it look a little pathetic.  Here are some pictures from the last couple of years:

Painted Easter egg
My Stag is pretty awesome though

Painted Egg
This is from the mid-90's and done by my brother when he was probably in middle school

Easter egg tree
We used to have more, but a bunch fell and broke :^(

I'll be sure to post whatever I come up with when I do paint this year's egg!  I just need some good ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment